Ant Extermination & Control
For the best, longest lasting result in expert ant pest control management, Call SWAT Pest Control
We use environmentally friendly ant control products and have the ant extermination & control expertise to achieve results for you.
New Zealand has 40 identified ant species - they play a key role in New Zealand’s ecosystem by aerating the soil and aiding the natural process of decomposition.
However, when ants leave their nests in search of food, and stumble into our homes and gardens, they become a problem. Ants live in colonies, so seeing a trail of ants could be a warning sign there is an army not too far behind. Early recognition of unwelcome ants can be a game changer when defending your home.
We are fortunate in New Zealand that our ants are fairly timid and we don’t face major risks from their bites, however, they still pose inconvenience and problems. The main issues are:
- building nests in unwelcome places, like under garden features, pathways or underground cables
- contaminating food
- unsightly trail of ants on your counters and floors
When ants identify a food source, they rally together in an organized production lines, these ant trails help locate their nests and food sources, allowing us to organise ant control solutions easily.
HOW TO PREVENT ANTS
Quick and efficient ways to combat ant invaders yourselves:
- clean up any crumbs or liquids that may be a potential food source
- seal and wrap food to prevent ant access
While preventative efforts are helpful, if you are already seeing ants, it is the nest in close proximity that needs to be treated. Some things to consider are:
- ants live more than 10 years
- queen ants will lay millions of eggs in her lifetime, possibly 800 a day
- ants leave pheromones, which other ants use as their own satnav
- ants work in colonies, so fly spraying a trail of ants won’t reach the source
Need to get rid of ants around your property?
Get a professional ant exterminator in to control your ant problem today!